Monday, August 27, 2007

My butt looks better than yours!





Well boys and girls, it's that time of year again, the month of Birthdays around here. Suzy's was first, mine is around the corner, and here at Regency, we have a tradition where we have a celebratory lunch for the special Birthday person. We usually get take out from somewhere, or occasionally we cook something. This year, Suzy asked me what I wanted for my special lunch treat, and I surprised her by saying that I wanted to cook my lunch myself - usually the guest of honor just requests what he/she would like and the others take care of it. But, we have been in the mood for good bar-b-que around here lately, and I have been wanting to try my hand at pulled pork, so I fired up my Google-fu powers and dove headfirst into making something totally new to me - pulled pork from a Boston Butt. I made a rub for the outside, and injected the inside of the meat with a marinade, and let it get happy in the fridge for the morning, then I fired up the grill low and slow on one side only and proceeded to cook it, and cook it, and cook it and cook it, well you get the idea. I put it on at 4:30pm, the gas tank ran out around 10pm, I swapped tanks and started everything back up again, it started raining around 11pm, so into the oven it went. And it cooked, and it cooked, and it cooked... It FINALLY came to the proper internal temperature right before the normal alarm clock would go off this morning. It cooked for 15 hours total, then I wrapped it in foil for an hour to let the juices redistribute and then I pulled it. I can't wait for the sandwiches tomorrow, but right now, all I want is a nap...
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Clark!!
What time's lunch??

Megan: Dyer, Spinner and Weaver said...

I'm sure it was delicious! It sure looks like it! Have a wonderful birthday, Clark!

Micki said...

WOOF WOOF CLARK and Happy Birthday to our friend!! Sounds like your dinner and icecream cake were yummy last night.